torstai 18. marraskuuta 2010

Not Enough TV

Recently I have been feeling somewhat lost in the television universe. That is kind of strange as I work in television, watch it hours on end in the office and follow the industry news with great enthusiasm. But somehow I seemed to have missed several programmes I really rather like. I’m watching more and more box sets at home. You know, what I want when I want to. Kind of like when you still had a VCR  and you would programme it to record the programmes you liked. We haven’t come that far really.

But I was not happy with my box sets. I felt restless. I had missed the third season of Skins. And then I found Seesaw. Seesaw is an online on demand TV service that offers catchup programming from Channel 4 and Five. But more importantly, it has also got a nice big catalogue of (mostly) free archive programming from both channels and BBC. It’s like a treasure box! The original Queer as Folk is there as are Skins, Misfits, Footballers' Wives, Bleak House, Peep Show and Stewart Lee’s Comedy Vehicle.

Try it and you’ll soon find you have lost a day or two. Me, I found peace. And I no longer miss my VCR.   

Queer as Folk was the coolest thing in television in 1999.
Btw, how weird is it to watch Aidan Gillen in The Wire? Weird!  

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti