keskiviikko 3. marraskuuta 2010

Trendsetting Force of Alexa

I’m usually a very reluctant trend follower. When enough people rave about a great new bar, film or band, I’m far more likely to be turned off by that than to follow the tip. I think shockingly many people like to be part of the herd and allow media to tell them what they should think is good and / or cool. I should know better. I used to be a journalist. Many of my friends are journalists. And as much as I love them, they are not super human nor aesthetic geniuses.

But as hard as I’ve tried, I can’t help but liking “the it girl of the moment” Alexa Chung. I’m not sure she’s the super friendly, down to earth, laid-back, modest girl-next-door who “doesn't make much effort with her appearance and doesn't have a beauty routine” that the glossies (and her agents) like us to think she is. But she DOES have a great style. And it IS her own. Obviously it is easier to dress well when you have got a LOT of money but the examples like Cheryl Cole have shown us that money doesn’t buy you style.  

Check out Alexa’s Today I’m Wearing blog on the Vogue website and her style gallery on the Elle.uk.

It's all about cardigans, shorts, skirts and socks with Alexa.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti