perjantai 17. syyskuuta 2010

Princess for a Day?

I’ve never understood the traditional wedding dresses (I don’t really get the whole fuss about weddings in general to be honest, but more of that some other time). I’ve never had a dream of being a princess for a day. To dress in white, looking like you just jumped out of a Disney movie and marry your prince. The wedding gowns are useless after your wedding day, they cost a fortune and most of them really look rather dreadful.

A good friend of mine got married this summer so we went wedding dress shopping. Luckily she is my type of girl and even the sight of the Bridal Boutique at Liberty’s gave us both the chills - and not in a good way.  She found a beautiful dress in the end, the wedding was a hoot and they are now living happily ever after. 

Now I think I’ve found my fairytale. The story was told on New York Fashion Week. The Marchesa’s S/S 2011 show was full of most gorgeous, breathtaking and stunning dresses that just knocked me out. I still wouldn’t wear a wedding gown but the princess inside me was born.  







2 kommenttia:

  1. second dress is the most beautiful dress I've ever seen..much more beautiful than the Swedish princesses are ever dressed!

    VastaaPoista
  2. It's gorgeous! Vickan and Madeline are so conservative, they should try one of these.

    VastaaPoista